Jassper is committed to developing employees that deliver consistent quality and service to our customers, and providing them with the skills, training, support, and opportunities they need to be successful.
Working in one of the most dynamic industries on earth, collaborating across different businesses and locations worldwide, your engaging and inspiring colleagues will help bring the very best out of you, and vice versa. Consistently developing innovative, customer-focused and sustainable solutions, we're taking an active role in shaping the maritime industry for the future. Join us.
Our business is looking for a talented and qualified logistics manager to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for all supply chain management duties including selecting carriers, researching shipping methods, assessing budgets, and organizing storage.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics employees. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and inventory systems.
Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
- Selecting carriers and negotiating contracts and rates.
- Planning and monitoring inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervising logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Organizing warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Responding to any issues or complaints.
- Researching ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Working with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Evaluating budgets and expenditures.
- Updating and evaluating metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensuring all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
Logistics Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry.
- Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
We are looking to recruit a hard-working, safety-minded longshoreman to assist our dockyard team with loading and unloading cargo. The longshoreman will inspect containers for possible damage, and follow signals and instructions to ensure cargo is loaded and unloaded proficiently. You will apply your knowledge of handling different types of cargo to perform your duties prudently.
To ensure success you will perform your duties swiftly and efficiently to minimize time vessels are docked in harbor, which is costly. Preferred candidates are team players, and fast-paced and prudent.
- Attending and participating in safety meetings and training.
- Ensuring work areas are clean, tidy, and clear of debris and other obstructions.
- Maintaining awareness of surroundings and potential safety hazards when performing duties.
- Following vessel loading plans and instructions.
- Preparing cargo for lifting.
- Operating chainsaws to unsecure cargo, cranes, forklifts, tractors and trailers to move cargo.
- Loading and unloading cargo to and from vessels' holds.
- Securing cargo on vessels.
- Ensuring compliance with safety procedures and policies.
- Informing supervisor of damaged or unsafe cargo, and other safety hazards, injury, illness or property damage.
- Previous dock or warehouse experience in the transportation industry.
- Proficient with operating tractors, forklifts and cranes.
- Completion of physical examination.
- Ability to speak, write and read basic English.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and to follow instructions and procedures.
- Physically fit, strong, agile and dexterous.
- Available for standby duty, and to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays.
- Undeterred by heights, confined or cluttered spaces, noise, adverse climatic conditions and the proximity of moving mechanical parts.
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with excellent attention to detail for the position of forklift operator. Forklift operators are responsible for optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency, scheduling vehicles for maintenance and repairs, and managing inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment, among other duties.
Forklift operators will need to transport valuable items, requiring diligence and good hand-eye coordination.
Forklift Operator Responsibilities:
- Loading, unloading, shipping, and receiving warehouse items.
- Transporting materials to different locations within the facility.
- Optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency.
- Securing loads to the machine before transportation.
- Inspecting for damages to vehicles.
- Scheduling vehicles for maintenance and repairs.
- Operating and managing technical equipment.
- Managing inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment.
- Picking and wrapping orders for shipment.
- Identifying workplace safety hazards.
- Adhering to safety management standards.
- Adhering to production schedules.
Forklift Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid fork-lifting certificate.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Proficiency in operating technical machinery and RF scanners.
- Good physical condition.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication.
We are looking for an organized shipping clerk with attention to detail. The shipping clerk is responsible for recording shipping orders on the computer system, labeling items and packing items into containers for shipping.
To be successful as a shipping clerk, you must be able to multitask. A good shipping clerk ensures that all items are packed, labeled and recorded appropriately in preparation for transport.
Shipping Clerk Responsibilities:
- Record order details on the computer system.
- Pack items into containers for shipping.
- Label package with all vital information.
- Monitor inventory and order more units as needed.
- Keep the warehouse clean and neat.
Shipping Clerk Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Prior experience in retail, manufacturing or a relevant field.
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to lift items and containers.
- Ability to operate warehouse vehicles such as forklifts.
- Ability to multitask.